Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Aurora Quilts, Old Town Manassas, Virginia

Hello All!

My name is Jean Schachner, I am a new member of the NOVA Modern Quilt Guild. Ginny Rippe and I were co-Brownie Scout leaders, quite a few years ago - too many to count - it's good to reconnect through quilting.

I love the idea of a "Modern Quilt Guild", because I consider myself to be "modern", up today with new trends and technology and a "forward" thinking, adventurous individual.

I am proud and excited to announce the opening of our new Quilt Shop, Aurora Quilts, located in the heart of Historic Old Town Manassas. Our Grand Opening was January 29th, and since then we've hit the ground running. My daughter, Amanda, is the Shop Manager, and is working in the shop full time along with her daughter, Kirsten - who is the shop baby!

Just recently, we were contacted by Historic Manassas, Inc. to schedule a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with Major Pharrish and the other merchants in old Town Manassas. The Ribbon Cutting is scheduled for March 16th at 9:30am. We would be delighted if you could make this event.

Aurora Quilts is located at 9100 Church Street, Suite 101, Manassas, Virginia. Our phone number is 703.330-9111. We have our own blog at: AuroraQuilts.blogspot.com and a website that is still a work in progress at: AuroraQuilts.com

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could make it out for the ribbon cutting! Unfortunately that falls on a weekday and I work full time. Be sure to have someone take pictures and share on the blog!

    I am really excited about your shop and all the possibilities for the guild that may entail! I can't wait to see how the classroom area looks once all the workstations are complete.

    Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete